Monday, June 16, 2008

Reflections of an out of shape dude

So i went for a swim today... the interesting thing is that i biked there, and there at A LOT of hills in So. Cal... and the pool was only about a mile or a half a mile away (not too long)... buti had a real hard time going there.. not only that.. i used to be able to do 20 laps in the pool.. today i was stuggling after my first one but pushed through to get.. 5...

Whats the point?... i've been having a lot of time for quiet with God lately.. and its been really fulfilling and i'm learning a lot about my own faults and insecurities... As good as this time with God i've been having, its also been very humbling as He shows me what He wants to change in me... I've learned many things, but the main thing that i've been learning is my own mortality.. In the words of Francis Chan.. "Its not morbid, its reality".. i've been learning that God can strike me dead at any moment.. Even maybe as i write this i can drop dead.. Again, not morbid, but reality...

But The God of the Universe, the God who created all, who made all, and who saved all keeps me alive at this moment... And i've been asked the question.. "Are you ready?"... and my brothers and sisters.. i cannot tell you that i've been ready allt he time.. sadly, i cannot tell you that i have never wasted my day.. but i hope that this reminder will stick with me to never waste a day... and i hope it will stick with you...

May we all see the blessings of God and give those blessings back to Him.

Much Love,
joe mikey mapa

No comments: