Thursday, June 19, 2008

Playing tag with God, seeing the moon rise, and having sunburn feet

How do you have sunburn feet?

i have no idea but thats what happened today when i had my quiet time outside in the sun.. i've never had sunburn before... i think its hilarious that it was on my feet... its been an amazing couple of days... a couple afternoons ago, i went to the beach with my brother and his family.. and i did something that i dont remember ever doing (but i probably did sometime in my life)... i played tag with the ocean water and was seriously feeling like i was playing tag with God... and it was kinda funny when my brother asked what i was doing, and i told him i was playing tag with God, then a big wave soaked my shorts... to which i said... "i guess i'm it"... Last night i saw the moon rise from the mountain horizon... it was a really beautiful site...

What i'm learning most here during this sabbatical is enjoying my days with God... learning to be His child, and longing for Him just like His child.. He's been teaching me things like trust, and enjoying His presence... its been amazing having my quiet times and feeling God's arms around me and knowing what calling Him "Father" really feels like... To really feel like His child and knowing (at least somewhat) the depth of what that means... its amazing.. and to realize that we are all children of God, and heirs to Christ Jesus... this thought should blow our minds!.. why doesn't it?

CBC kids i'll be speaking there when i get back at june 29th...

May we all see the blessings of God and give those blessings back to Him

Much Love,
joe mikey mapa

No comments: